Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The 2 in 1 Tomato Soup

Although I insist that it would be safer for us to buy instead of cooking our own tomato soup, she insist me to promise to cook her one. So finally last week I keep my promise, and use Jamie's recipe posted by Venny in her blog. Since there are only 2 of us, not to mention other recipe tried that day, we cut the recipe into half. Here is the result:


We put the soup from the recipe to a blender, then strain to obtain smoother texture. The result looks convincing, except that we got only 1 small cup instead of 3. Then here all the laughter came.

First, the soup smell more to sambal balado (Padang's Cuisine), and taste like one. We can still trace the taste of the tomato, though, and she said that it taste good, but I still think it reminds me of sambal balado. I think somehow I cut wrong amount of red pepper and chillies from the original recipe

And when we see the residue on the strainer, we almost rolling on the floor laughing. It reminds us to chili for Ayam Pop, another Padang's cuisine.

Fortunately the soup is still edible, and does not cause any side effect so far. And hopefully she now agree that it is better to buy rather than my version of tomato soup :D

4 comments:

Kiko said...

It was a good tomato soup, really. Side effect? You'll have two more chance to make it perfect :)

ps. ven: thanks for the recipe :)

Scal said...

Still... taste like Sambal Balado, looks like Sambal Ayam Pop :p

Next time lets try full recipe

Anonymous said...

See? Kiko said it was good. You're just being picky [-(

You're welcome :D

Scal said...

I thought she said it so I'll make another one for her... hehehe....

Oh well... mabe next time better to buy some from Edelweiss... :D