Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Longing for Espresso

I've been longing to produce my own pressurized coffee, and to froth the latte with the high pressure steam. Yep, I'm longing for an espresso machine. Not for commercial purpose, but more to my love for coffee, and self awareness that over years, my bill for cup of coffee would buy me a trip to Raja Ampat.

While looking for a decent machine and saving some cash, I settled with a cheaper alternative, a Moka Pot, bought at Ikea in my last trip to Singapore. For the coffee, I bought one pack of Jones Blend from Jones the Grocer. I've tested a cup of Latte in their coffee shop, and for me, their blend is good enough as my trial coffee.

The whole family joy on this pot. Using my Krups Grinder to grind the coffee, my first attempt results in the coffee make it through the middle chamber. Reducing the finesses of the grinder, the Moka Pot has successfully extract enough coffee to make 3 cups of latte for them, which they crave for more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually consider of getting one of the Brikka pots when my espresso machine breaks down :D. They're so fun to use!

Scal said...

Ummm...... to tell you the truth... nothing will replace a proper espresso machine :D

But yes.. they are fun and easy to use :D