Saturday, July 26, 2008

Go Green: Hand-Powered Milk Frother

Kiko bought me a new coffee gadget, hand pump milk frother. "Enjoy whipping and make your coffee", written in front of the carafe. A complete instruction on how to use it is clearly printed in the back, saving you from keeping another manual sheet.

I'm putting it to use right away, at 12 am midnight, by frothing a cold Greenfield Pasteurized Milk. My first impression for the result is quite satisfactory, a frothed milk with quite good consistency. Not a real consistency from one frothed with espresso machine's steam wand, but certainly better than my battery-operated milk frother.

So, the next morning, with my trusted moka pot, I brew a fresh coffee bean for a cup of latte. Still using the same milk, heated on a stove, and then putting the frother in action. The consistency of the milk is excellent, that save for my skill level, I almost made my first latte art.


I would certainly recommend this gadget for latte lover. And those green movement supporter will certainly agree, since this is the most environmental friendly milk frother :D

0 comments: