Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Starbucks VIA Ready Brew Review

Jive Kitchen was invited to the launching of Starbucks VIA Ready Brew. Of course, we do some research of what is this Starbucks VIA is all about, a ready to brew coffee. My initial reaction is surprised: What the heck Starbucks is doing by launching an instant coffee? Seriously, I didn't come Starbucks for the coffee, but because the overall experience, and the convenience to grab a cup of coffee.

We came home with 2 flavor of Starbucks VIA Ready Brew coffee, with several coffee-time snacks and cookies that Starbucks was launching at the same time. I put it aside for some time while thinking of the purpose of this new product. Then one day, I decided to give them a try.


First I unpack the Italian Roast. I didn't smell the strong aroma of a coffee. I regularly grind my own coffee every morning, so I kinda used to the smell of freshly grind coffee. Pour in the hot water, and still nothing smells like a freshly grind brewed coffee.

I was quite surprised on my first sip of the coffee: it taste good! I was expecting bitter sour taste like any other instant coffee. Instead, what I got is nutty taste and light sweets.
The Columbia is slightly different from Italian Roast. I was expecting something stronger. Instead, I taste a flat taste. My preference definitely goes to the Italian Roast.

The Starbucks VIA Ready Brew coffee is sold in package of 3 for Rp. 25.000 or package of 12 for Rp. 88.000. Slightly expensive, but worth the simplicity of having a decent cup of coffee.

0 comments: