Monday, September 28, 2009

SoHo Addict


In the world of sophisticated technology, no news means bad news. Nowadays, the wall of communication become more thinner, and being socialized through the net is the lifestyle. It was all started when my friend updated her twitter status by mentioning egg benedict she had for breakfast, continued with some sinfully dessert with relaxing Jakarta view from certain level.

Having proper or fancy breakfast always intrigued me. As a rusher on morning, I do not have breakfast at home since early child. But things went different when I’m outside. Morning breakfast at hotel or catch local breakfast in town or another city are always fun and worth to try (as long as it’s start > 8 – 9 am).

I can’t stop drooling thinking about her egg benedict, and when I cannot stop thinking usually I drag myself persistenly to the place. So, on one afternoon (well I still haven't gained my breakfast here) I spent the next 4 hours sitting here with my friends. All we did were ordering sinfully savories and desserts while seeing the icon of Jakarta, a welcome statue with water fountain.

Sweet desserts ordered were profiteroles with vanilla ice cream topped with blueberry sauce and sinfully crème brulee. All tastes nice and the chef did the right execution on presentation. On savories side, we have baked potato with chorizo and peking duck pizza. The potato somehow reminds me of chicken pot pie, but the peking duck pizza slightly tastes stench. I vote CPK better than this.

Homemade grandma ice lemon tea surely is the winner. My friend was crazy about this drink but she told me it was ice mint tea. The recipe should be simple but extra topping makes this drink extra fresh. Served on frozen highball glass, this ice lemon tea garnished with mint leaves and lemon slices, topped with lemon sorbet. You have to swirl the sorbet first with the tea to gained the new taste.

Another thing, i love the interior of this place. They designed it with warehouse/winery themes but it still feels lovely. Not mentioning the great view you'll acquire from their huge windows facing Bundaran HI. Also, the design is perfect for any time, either you have morning breakfast, cozy afternoon, or late night cocktail.

After long chit chat and exchange 'busy time' with my notebook, we left at 9.00 PM. 4 hours since late afternoon and I still feel happy. I'll try my best next time to have breakfast here, see if it's really worth to try :)

http://www.ismayagroup.com/socialhouse
Social House
Harvey Nichols - Grand Indonesia
Jl. MH. Thamrin No. 1, LT. 8
Jakarta Pusat 10320
Ph. (021) 2358 1818

08.00 AM - 01.00 AM - Bar, Winepost
08.00 AM - 10.30 PM - Mon to Friday + Sun (Restaurant)
08.00 AM - Midnite - Fri to Sat (Restaurant)

0 comments: