Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel

I'm fall in love with it. Pretzel has been around for very long time, some say from 600 AD. What was a reward to children for their prayer has become fancy food, sold at the stall in shopping mall. The taste has been varied as well, from standard cinnamon sugar to Parmesan cheese.

It didn't look difficult to make, so with Pizza dough experience on my belt, I start working on Pretzel dough. Problem come when I feel that the dough didn't raise as expected. Either I didn't give it enough time, or I'm kneading too much. I was left with slightly tough dough.

Nevermind, I thought, dividing the dough into 4 batches, each for 4 pieces. The more I rolled and knotted, the better it is. For the last batch, I manage to make a bigger knot, good enough for a nice looking Pretzel.

I went with standard topping, cinnamon plus sugar, and salt. My suspicious came into reality when the pretzel didn't raise in the oven. It didn't taste that bad, although a little bit tough. The cinnamon mix very well with the sugar, sweet enough with the pretzel.

I have told few things to improve on the look, hopefully it wouldbe better next time.

0 comments: