Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Jive Birthday!

Still remember when was your first time cooking took place?
(S) Kiko made me a Lasagna, which is great. Here is the pic :D. I wish she will make another one when her mood is right :D
(K) Err, early June 08 i think. We made garlic bread and he wrote the posting instead, but i guess we did another cooking at my home. (and still can't remember what it was)


By who's idea?
(S) Well.... I took the credit for it.......
(K) Scal, of course. I'm a moody amateur cook, only cooking when i really want or craving for something or get tempted by mouth watering pictures and recipe. Which can happen only once or twice a year if you're lucky.

How was it? The process and the result?
(S) Satisfactory... could be beginner's luck
(K) The garlic bread suprisingly turns good with tips acquired from online recipe. And another dishes were the same. There were recipes we tried up to 3 times because we did not get in the line, but there also one time test and we've made it. Most of our dishes tastes acceptable, but we still have to learn for better presentation.

Why blogging? What's the meaning behind the name?
(S) Why not?
(K) At the beginning we wanted to make a documentation about coffee review, one of his interest but turns out we agreed more on cooking since it's more easier. The name just pop out that way. Jive means dancing cheerfully, we guess that we wanted to make cooking as a fun activities together, as well as we loved foods themselves.

Who's taking the pictures?
(S) Mostly me, but there are some pictures which I can't take myself, particularly when I'm rolling a sushi or tossing pizza dough :D
(K) Scal. I'm not very patient to do that while cooking :D


What's your most remembering cooking?
(S) Two in one Tomato Soup, and the Tiramisu
(K) Scal's tomato soup. A lot of laugh and a remarkable taste.

What was your favourite cooking?
(S) Spaghetti, Fettuccine, Farfalle, Lasagna, Penne, Fusili.... did I miss anything? Oh, and pizza!
(K) I used to love wok dishes and few casseroles but now i discover my fond of Italian cooking, the tiramisu and those kind of pasta, ugh and pizza. And Japanese also. (too many my dear)

What was things you wish to cook but not yet?
(S) At the moment it is the traditional Dutch snacks, for tea time, and some fancy coffee, maybe when I have my own espresso machine. One that came into mind is Stroopwaffel. And I put Black Forest on Kiko's list :p.
(K) I want to cook steak and apple crumble pie. Our cooking time reduce since 09 i guess...

What's the funny thing crossed your mind when you do the cooking?
(S) What would it turns out? Edible? Side effect?
(K) Ummm, can i answer that later? :P

What’s Your Cooking Personality? (take this quiz http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/16/whats-your-cooking-personality/)

(S) 2 (a) and 2 (c), so its a tie. But at least I'm not competitive :D
(K) I have 3 (d) and 2 (b), so can i describe myself as "methodical competitive" (oh well, that sounds preppy)

b) Methodical: Talented cooks who rely heavily on recipes. The methodical cook has refined tastes and manners. Their creations always look exactly like the picture in the cookbook.

**my comment: i'd always curious about chemical reaction includes food, that's why i like to explore and experimenting recipes. i used to compare few recipe available and search for any special ingredients which i think might bring extra value to the dish. my enjoyment involves adjusting ingredients composition like: "you think 250gr flour vs 100gr sugar will be too sweet or not?" after that, modified and practice! so yes, i rely on MY own modified recipes based on experienced, but no, my creation did not look exactly in the picture. i still have to learn more and more :)

d) Competitive: The Iron Chef of the neighborhood, competitive cooks have dominant personalities and are intense perfectionists who love to impress their guests.

**my comment: i'm not the iron chef (yet) but looking at my other habits when doing something else perhaps yes, i (tend) to intense perfectionist especially when dealing about best material you can have. And quite hard to negotiate about that :p

What's your plan next for JiveKitchen?
(S) More cooking posting. We haven't been cooking so often lately, so most of our posting is about the food we ate somewhere.
(K) I'd love to re-design the layout and content if possible. We were dreaming of compact and user friendly menus which accessible by everyone. And, i wish i could have more time to post any food activities we had. By the way, you think we should suggest JiveKitch to tweet? :p

** this quiz was made to celebrate one year of Jive Kitchen **
** Lots of fat, spice, and fun **

2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Happy Jive Birthday!

Thanks for passing by! Yes, of course, you can post the recipe on your blog!

Cheers,

Rosa

Kiko said...

Thanks a bunch, dear Rosa
Your recipe was a great one!