Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Panini @ 30k Feet

It might be not a proper Panini, but it certainly taste great. On board Mandala flight RI592, bound for Bali. It is actually still few hours from lunch time, but since I decided to find some stuff to fill my stomach, just in case I won't have a heavy lunch later. So, I ordered a Panini and a cup of Coffee. The stewardess served my coffee while saying "We are heating the Panini". I paid my food and waiting for the food to come.


Moment later, a Panini wrapped in white paper bag was served on the table. It is hot, so I carefully take a peek to the white bread. Carefully, I took the bread out of its wrapping. It smell nothing. From the mark on top, I see that it is being baked with some kind of Panini Press, but it lack of burnt mark. Between the bread, I can see a slice of cheese, and green pesto sauce.

I took a first bite, and happy with the taste of the Panini, chicken and pesto touching my tongue. The chicken fillet is chewy, match the oily pesto sauce. The chicken rolled, then cut, forming 3 thin circle slices of patty-like chicken. The bread is firm, not hard like ordinary aircraft's bread.

I finish my meal, slowly sipping my cup of coffee that began to cool down. It is an ordinary 3-in-1 coffee, nothing worth to tell about. But the whole meals last me few hours until I finally enjoy a good food of Bali

0 comments: